The Board of Directors of the Friedrich-Naumann-Stiftung fur die Freiheit unanimously nominated Mr. James Shikwati, the Founder Director of the Inter Region Economic Network (IREN Kenya) to receive the “Walter-Scheel-Prize 2015 for Commitment to Development Cooperation.” The citation focuses on his work over the years on Foreign Aid debate; need for Africa to foster individual initiative in development matters; the push for competitiveness-expanded entrepreneurship opportunities to tap into the continent’s vast resources and the importance of investments in African people to promote freedom and economic success. The award ceremony will take place September 8, 2015 at the Villa Hammerschmidt in Bonn, Germany. Mr. Shikwati will share the Walter-Scheel-Prize-2015 with a leading German Physicist Prof. Dr. Eicke R. Weber from Freiburg University.
- ENACTUS KENYA TO HOST LEADERSHIP FORUM ON ENTERPRISE AND JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- 165 Technology Innovators from Kenya’s 14 Lake Region Economic Bloc Counties to Drive Food Security Solutions
- Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology Enactus Team to Represent Kenya at Enactus World Cup in San Jose
- ITIC-2018 Participants Receive Training on Smart Food Security Solutions
- The 10th IREN Bukura Cultural Day