For the last eleven years, IREN has trained over 500 journalists and communicators from Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Ghana, Zambia and South Sudan who cover business, governance and other developmental issues. The IREN Eastern Africa Media Training aims at exposing media practitioners to factors that influence events in the world and to principles of wealth creation, and to promote coverage of development economic issues in Eastern Africa media outlets.
Previous Media Training Themes
- (2015) Africa’s Productivity in the 21st Century: The Missing Link
- (2014) Africa Rising: Myth or Reality?
- (2013) Indian Ocean Rim: Gateway to Eastern Africa’s Prosperity
- (2012) Harnessing Digital Revolution to benefit Africa
- (2011) Is Eastern Africa Ready for China-India and Europe?
- (2010) The Billionth African
- (2009) Africa Resources Conflict: Whose Interest does the Press Serve?
- (2008) The Role of the Media in Positioning Africa in the 21st Century
- (2007) Turning Africa’s People into a Resource
- (2006) Conquering Poverty through Business in Eastern Africa
- (2005) Property Rights in the African Context
- (2004) Business and International Trade
- (2003) World Trade Organization and Africa.